This is the first episode in a series where I answer listener questions about my infertility journey, my life and background, the podcast, and more.(Click here to listen to Part 2 and here to listen to Part 3.) A special thanks to my friend and fellow infertility warrior Linda for playing guest host and being a fabulous interviewer.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- At age 34, I’ve run my own public relations and marketing company since 2008; I have 10 employees, so podcasting is my “side gig”
- For fun, I enjoy spending time with my husband, reading, and watching movies
- A “day in the life of Heather” begins at 3:30 am!
- How I met my husband at a garbage dumpster at college—and now, celebrating our 12th anniversary
- As a couple, we follow the “opposites attract” format and are truly best friends
- How I always wanted to be a mom, but waited until my husband was ready
- The problems? Severe endometriosis and a ruptured ovarian cyst.
- Trying to get pregnant, 2 early miscarriages, and the first RE
- In 2012, the official infertility diagnosis and a blocked tube
- A 2nd opinion at a new clinic with a new doctor
- One thing I wish someone had told me in the beginning: “To be an advocate for myself, and not just to trust what the doctor says. I should have asked questions and educated myself more.”
- More problems: a luteal phase defect, ovarian cysts, egg quality issues, and an MTHFR diagnosis
- Facing IVF and the dilemma of transferring one or two embryos
- A very healthy pregnancy with twins!
- How an open cervix led to an emergency hospital stay
- Early labor that was dismissed by the doctor on duty
- “Nothing can be done to save your babies”
- 27 hours of labor, babies born two hours apart at 21 weeks
Words of Hope:”I’ve Click To Tweet.” via=”no”]
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Enjoy This Episode?
* Make a one-time or ongoing donation to the show.
* Tell your fertility clinic and/or in-person support group about the show.
* Leave a review on iTunes to bring awareness of the show to others. For other ways to support the show, click here.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thank you so much for listening this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!