Today’s bonus episode guest is Heather. A special thanks to fellow infertility warrior Christine from Episode 144 for playing guest host and being a fabulous interviewer.
Christine and Heather answer listener questions that begin with “Am I the only one who…?”:
- Am I the only one who has been trying for so long that some of the nurses I haven’t seen recently assume I’m there for my second baby?
- Am I the only one who celebrates the small wins for like an hour and then returns to thinking about all the ways it won’t work out?
- Am I the only one who feels resentment toward my partner?
- Am I the only one who has a partner who doesn’t want to get involved (come to appts)?
- Am I the only one who is embarrassed and uncomfortable for my fertile friends who have to tell me they are pregnant and I’m still not?
- Am I the only one who is terrified every time my younger sister/brother calls that it’s going to be pregnancy news?
- Am I the only one who gets jealous of friends who get pregnant the first month of trying?
- Am I the only one who can’t handle when friends try to pair you up with their other infertile friends?
- Am I the only one who tries to plan a couple of cycles at a time, so that vacations/other non-fertility plans can be made?
- Am I the only one who is embarrassed by my infertility diagnosis?
- Am I the only one who didn’t want to think of my baby as a real person when I had a second trimester loss?
- Am I the only one who compares my infertility journey to others’ as being easier or harder?
- Am I the only one who goes down the Dr. Google rabbit hole?
- Am I the only one who thought secondary infertility would be easier than the first time around because I already have my rainbow baby?
- Am I the only one who carries around a token of my TTC journey with me everywhere, as a reminder or good luck charm?
- Am I the only one who hates the idea of an open adoption?
- What words of hope would you offer to someone who needs to hear them it today?