Today’s bonus episode guest is Heather. A special thanks to fellow infertility warrior Christine from Episode 144 for playing guest host and being a fabulous interviewer.
Christine and Heather answer listener questions that begin with “Am I the only one who…?”:
- Am I the only one who feels if they don’t triple-check everything (with insurance, the clinic, meds, etc.) nothing will be done right — and even then it will still get messed up?
- Am I the only one who thinks the positive outcome of my treatment was mostly because I advocated a lot and suggested new things to my RE when he/she was resistant?
- Am I the only one who never thought I’d be considering donor eggs but I am?
- Am I the only one who’s had more than four failed frozen transfers?
- Am I the only one who feels that if this cycle doesn’t work, our only choices are another IVF cycle or adoption?
- Am I the only one that drinks too many glasses of wine the day I get my period?
- Am I the only one who inexplicably felt relief after a failed cycle?
- Am I the only one who is afraid that I will be envious of my husband if we end up using donor eggs?
- Am I the only one who worries about family members getting pregnant while I’m still trying?
- Am I the only one who simultaneously wants to tell the world about our infertility in order to spread awareness but also doesn’t want to tell anyone because it’s none of their business?
- Am I the only one that can’t stop thinking about the implications of these lost years?
- Am I the only one who grieves my previous body — free and happy and without those 25 Clomid pounds I put on before even conceiving and can never drop due to years of hormones?
- Am I the only one who feels like the trauma of infertility and loss has made me a stronger and better person?
- Am I the only one who is a stepmom going through infertility?
- Am I the only one who wants to tell young women to consider their reproductive health as early as possible?
- What words of hope would you offer to someone who needs to hear them it today?