Today’s bonus episode guest is Heather. A special thanks to fellow infertility warrior Christine from Episode 144 for playing guest host and being a fabulous interviewer.
Christine and Heather answer listener questions that begin with “Am I the only one who…?”:
- Am I the only one who feels like I’m never given enough information about what’s going on, what my options are, and what I can truly expect during fertility treatments?
- Am I the only one who suspects I might be more up to date on the research related to my situation than my doctors?
- Am I the only one who had a traumatic and painful egg retrieval that resulted in post-traumatic stress?
- Am I the only one who is worried that I will not want to do this again if we manage to have one baby?
- Am I the only one who has their partner check the mail first to screen out and hide baby announcements, shower invitations, etc.?
- Am I the only one who is super pessimistic?
- Am I the only one who has seriously struggled with a friend who is going through secondary infertility after conceiving her first child quickly and with no issues?
- Am I the only one who started off sharing about this journey with many family and friends and have since stepped back and stopped sharing anything with most people?
- Am I the only one who is not open about my journey with my male boss, even though I know he will be understanding?
- Am I the only one who has cried openly at work when a coworker announced her pregnancy?
- Am I the only one who is terrified that if I don’t end up with a baby, I won’t know how to move forward with my life and be happy?
- Am I the only one who wouldn’t be interested in having any baby showers thrown for me if I’m successful?
- Am I the only one who sometimes wishes her friends might experience a loss or infertility to not be alone in grief?
- Am I the only one who hated my body more after loss?
- What words of hope would you offer to someone who needs to hear them it today?