Today’s bonus episode guest is Heather. A special thanks to fellow infertility warrior Christine from Episode 144 for playing guest host and being a fabulous interviewer.
Christine and Heather answer listener questions that begin with “Am I the only one who…?”:
- Am I the only one who has a feeling that something is wrong, yet I don’t do anything about it?
- Am I the only one who is afraid of looking like ‘that patient’ who Googled my situation and came with questions based on those results?
- Am I the only one who is feeling burned out on treatments, but I know I still want this?
- Am I the only one who can’t imagine these treatments working?
- Am I the only one who stops watching a TV show when a main character gets pregnant because it makes me too sad, and I cannot focus on the plot anymore?
- Am I the only one who feels constantly angry and resentful at the world for making it so easy for so many to have babies, while the rest of us suffer invisibly?
- Am I the only one who doesn’t like crying in front of her husband but then also hates that he doesn’t really get how I feel?
- Am I the only one who is afraid of others’ judgment of our choice to do multiple IVF rounds?
- Am I the only one who is freaking out about how to balance my career and future family?
- Am I the only one who has randomly burst into tears at work from crazy hormones and/or stress from this process
- Am I the only one who doesn’t want to talk about infertility with anyone?
- Am I the only one who is angry, scared, and/or worried about draining all of our financial resources?
- Am I the only one who feels that by ending an ectopic pregnancy, I killed my baby I worked so hard to have?
- Am I the only one who has burst into tears at a positive pregnancy test, just waiting for the other shoe to drop?
- What words of hope would you offer to someone who needs to hear them it today?