Today’s bonus episode guest is Heather. A special thanks to fellow infertility warrior Christine from Episode 144 for playing guest host and being a fabulous interviewer.
Christine and Heather answer listener questions that begin with “Am I the only one who…?”:
- Am I the only one who is scared to ask my doctor hard questions?
- Am I the only one who feels like my RE doesn’t talk to me enough about my protocol and why we’re doing things the way we are?
- Am I the only one who doesn’t think IVF is an option financially or schedule wise?
- Am I the only one who is so scared that treatment won’t work that I’ve been trying to convince myself that life would be better without a child…and then worry that the Universe isn’t sending me a child because of those thoughts?
- Am I the only one who gets annoyed with people constantly saying to think positive when not positive things are not happening?
- Am I the only one who gets really stuck on past choices “what ifs” to the point that it can be difficult to live in the present and move forward emotionally?
- Am I the only who has told their partner that they are better off finding someone without infertility issues?
- Am I the only one who has had relationships wrecked by infertility?
- Am I the only one who is terrified that people I work for and with will find out about our infertility and IVF attempts?
- Am I the only one who’s changed jobs or careers for better insurance coverage?
- Am I the only one who feels she may not enjoy pregnancy or birth at all by the time it comes (because of the deep trauma and anxieties this has caused)?
- Am I the only one who worries I’ll be massively disappointed once I finally have a baby and the reality of parenthood sets in?
- Am I the only one who wonders if I can call myself a mother?
- Am I the only one who wishes people would stop thinking they are out of the danger zone when they enter the second trimester?
- What words of hope would you offer to someone who is doubting that they will become a parent?