Today’s bonus episode guest is Heather. A special thanks to fellow infertility warrior Christine from Episode 144 for playing guest host and being a fabulous interviewer.
Christine and Heather answer listener questions that begin with “Am I the only one who…?”:
- Am I the only one who doesn’t trust or has lost faith in my doctor?
- Am I the only one who feels stupid asking my doctor questions?
- Am I the only one who gets really upset when other patients bring their small children to the RE office?
- Am I the only one who struggles to keep up with the ‘rules’ of fertility-friendly foods and diets?
- Am I the only one who is afraid to do another retrieval/transfer/treatment/try again?
- Am I the only one who wants to use Facebook but not be triggered by it?
- Am I the only one who is genuinely NOT happy for other people when they announce their pregnancies?
- Am I the only one who has an unsupportive partner?
- Am I the only one too nervous to advocate for insurance coverage at my work, for fear of what people will think?
- Am I the only one who has lost my identity to infertility?
- Am I the only one who is terrified of meeting new people — even in passing — because they always ask if I have children?
- Am I the only one who thinks Michelle Obama should have come out with her miscarriages, infertility struggle, and IVF when she and her husband were in office?
- What words of hope would you offer to someone who feels alone?