Today’s bonus episode guest is Juliette Aiyana, a Nationally Board Certified and state licensed acupuncturist and herbalist with Garden Acupuncture.
Juliette and Heather discuss acupuncture and all that’s involved in Traditional Chinese Medicine:
- What exactly is acupuncture, and how does it work?
- How does acupuncture specifically benefit people with infertility?
- Are there specific infertility diagnoses acupuncture can help treat? If so what are they, and how does the approach to each differ?
- Are there any studies that point to the benefit of using acupuncture alongside fertility treatments?
- Why is it important to find an acupuncturist who specializes in fertility?
- Do you recommend patients do anything else alongside acupuncture, like yoga or herbal remedies?
- How long do you recommend patients commit to an acupuncture program, and how is progress determined along the way?
- If patients are limited in time or funds, is there a minimal program you recommend? For example, I did acupuncture treatments immediately before and immediately after embryo transfers.
- As someone who sees infertility patients on a regular basis, what words of hope can you offer someone who’s just starting on their infertility journey?